• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Login/PW changes??????

andyb

I just got locked out. Not sure of my PW I checked the cgi cookie and it contained what I thought was the ID (Ironbarr) & PW - nope, didn't work.
Sent for it and it came back with an ID that I used two years ago and we had changed (AndyB)... but the PW was one of your generated PWs.

Did that database get zapped or something???

-Andy (Ironbarr)

Delete your cookies and try to login again. To my knowledge, TFL hasn't used .cgi cookies in quite some time. I think that it is possible that your updated cookies got deleted, expired or some such thing.

Lettuce no if it works. :)

-Dave

Dave...

Eerie/uncanny things that night.

I had the andyb login problem, and wrote this thread starter. Later, after some time passed, I was writing a reply post when you answered up. I set about to kill the cookies as directed then found only one of a couple went away - the one with my ironbarr login and PW (cgi) was still there. Anyway after a couple hours chasing cookies (and crumbs), I was writing a reply post when an email came making ironbarr the ID (again).

So, I logged on as ironbarr - everything worked as it should and I began to write a reply post when my ISP went down (@home). There are no bells and whistles, or rockets - just "all's normal" but nothing going out or coming in.

Obviously it was my station, right? By 1AM chasing ghosts, I gave up. It was still down in the later morning, so I called in, worked my way up to level two support when the word came @home was down in my area. At 5PM it was back up. By the next day all was okay although TFL recognized "andyb". I went out, then logged back in as ironbarr, setting the cookie again (I guess).

The next morning I turn it on, walk away, and get involved with painting. Get back at noon and no power in the CPU box. Checked that out for an hour proving the power supply bad. Took a couple days to get that handled. So now (dare I say it?) all's well.

Haven't seen a string like that since navy years - but you coming up as I was writing - twice yet ... eerie. Then the PS. Well, did the PS cause all this as it got sicker, or did all this make PS ill enough to die?

Then there's the pumpkin lights.

Well, what really counts is that the email ID change happened even though I hadn't answered your "cookie" post. In that "nothing works" period you mailed the life ring. Right after I got the login done, ISP goes down - I couldn't get back - and yadda yadda.

Thank you - if tech support around the net was as good as TFL's staff, the world'd be a better place.

Back