• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Login .... andyb again - I'm Ironbarr now.

andyb

Help!! Login .... andyb again - I'm Ironbarr now.

Well... went through the delete cookies thing, but no joy.

Why (I wonder) does the login info default to andyb whenever there's a burp in the zeroes and ones - even man-made burps????

Help!!!!!!

Andy (Ironbarr)

Last edited:
If I were a betting man, I would bet that you have some very old and stale cookies in your system from an older version of the vBulletin software. It may be that the current version of vBull doesn't delete cookies from an older version. You may have to go in and manually delete your cookies if the automatic process (in the f.a.q. menu) doesn't work, or, as it seems in your case, defaults to an older cookie. In the case of my Macintosh, it doesn't delete them at all, and I have to do it manually.

Caeca Invidia Es would certainly know more about this than I. Hopefully I'm not too far off base though.

Good luck Andy! :)

-Dave

Dave...

if you remember a month or two back we had the same problem and in the middle I had an ISP failure for most of a day - when I got back on TFL logged me in as Ironbarr and I was lost at sea. Thought you had pressed some buttons while I was down.

I've been deleting TFL cookies most of today - Now (12:20AM-11/23), just finished total search for "firingline" and had zillions of files since I had several windows open. But only three qualified as cookies (recent use). I even went to Netscape and renamed a generated file showing some TFL cookie data there. Then just came back in - no joy. It went to AndyB.

Was there a burp in the TFL world?

I'm lost, but maybe the Phantom Zero (or One) will turn around over night - I'm to bed.
Good night, Dave (or Morning)
(Too much food)

Andy

Assuming you're running some version of Windows, have you deleted all cookies in directory c:\Windows\cookies with the form ...forums[n].txt (n can be any number)?

HEY!!! Success!

I just logged in using Ironbarr and bad PW, and working through, received the email with correct PW.

Now, how do we make this default and offload that andyb login???

Dave and Mal - thanks for your help.

Andy (ironbarr)

One thing you might want to do now on a 'just in case' basis is clear your automatic passwords. But, before you do, you have to realize that you will need all passwords for any other internet applications where the PW is normally filled in for you now. You do have your PW's copied down somewhere don't you? ;)

I am, of course, assuming you have AutoComplete turned on; the evidence says you do. I'm not sure of the name of that feature in Netscape.

To clear auto-passwords in IE (probably somewhat similar action can be done in Netscape):

Go to Tools - Internet Options
Content tab
Click on AutoComplete
Click on Clear Passwords

Back