• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

log on

Have you tried all the normal stuff? Clear cache and cookies and start over from there with a login and see if it takes?

It happens when they reduce the threads

It is a common occurance when you are reading or writing and they clear the board to one page. Happens all the time. Just have to re-logon.

Last night it happened several times. When I logged on again they were down to one thread and it was about the Nagant Rifle because it was the last one posted, it was around 4 in the morning eastern time.

I decided it was time to go back to bed. :D

HQ

AFS - do you check off the "Remember me" box when you login? If not, that will cause the 'problem' you are experiencing.

'nuther thought here as well. When you go to another site, do you by chance increase your security settings or turn off your cookies?

I learned the hard way to do that when clicking on some video or picture links, only to find out the place was teeming with Trojan horses, but occasionally I'll forget to reset them before returning to TFL, and find I have the same problem.

Assuming you still have the not-logged-on problem, have you added or changed any software of any type recently? What operating system and browser are you using?

Well, you got me stumped.

The next time you login, immediately copy the site address from the IE address window and paste it here. If it contains anything like "s=[a long string of characters]", tyme tells me that is an indication that you are not using cookies or at least there is a problem with the cookies on your system.

That looks good, so your cookies are in use and valid.

Again, I'm stumped. Just on a whim, logout and log back in making sure you have checked off the "remember me". Don't log out of TFL, but close your browser. Wait a while ( > 20 minutes) and open TFL. If you need to login, I'm really stumped.

No need to do this now if you're reading/posting, but I'm curious to see what happens.

Back