Locking handgun cases...

Cliff

I'm looking for one that can carry four full sized handguns, sturdily constructed and suitable for trips to the range or airline check-in.

Any manufacturer or model that you knowledgable people can suggest will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Cliff

Check with the latest Shotgun News. I saw an advertisement for some and they were on sale. I don't remember who had them though. They were nice ones and priced decent. Another place to look would be the Gun List.

Hope this helps :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

[This message has been edited by loknload (edited March 05, 2000).]

Checkout KK AIR @ 800-262-3322. The only thing they don't have is recessed latches. Everything else about these cases is top notch. If you are concerned with baggage handlers stressing them, go with the extra thick .080 inch wall thickness (aluminum).

SKB offers a cheaper 'plastic' airline approved case that locks as well at about half the cost of the KK AIR case.

There are other aluminum case manufacturer's as well that make good cases. Overall, price points are similar so, shop for features.

The final thought I have is buy the best you can afford because these aluminum cases are apt to last your lifetime and that of your kids as well, a great investment for long term use.

Sid
---
FFL

Thank you for the replies, folks!

I researched your suggestions... good choices, all.

I decided that I wanted an aluminum case. The four handgun case manufactured by Kalispel appears to fit my needs perfectly. Their website is at http://birkana.com/kalispelcaseline/ if anyone is interested.

Suitable dimensions for me, piano hinge, .080 available on request and I can choose the lock as opposed to it being built in.

Price is $143.00 A good value, I think.

Sid - I agree 100% on investment value.

Cliff

Back