Lock, Stock and Barrel . . . .

Prof Young

Took Carol Ann to a craft fair in Altamont IL. While she shopped I checked out gun store there called Lock, Stock and Barrel that I'd heard about but never visited. Definitely a nice Mom and Pop kind of place. Lots of reloading stuff at decent prices. Not a huge selection of firearms but a good one at okay prices and it was clear that they ordered specific guns for their customers. They gave me a hat for free as advertising, so long as I promised to wear it off and on. I haven't seen any Accurate brand powder in the usual places I shop for reloading stuff so picked up some there as they had a bunch. They've been there 17 years so they must be doing okay. Huge selection of seriously high quality "automatic" blade knives. Very much worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood.

Life is good.

Prof Young

I have been a fan of Accurate for a lot of years. They seem to be consistant, clean burning powders. And they used to be sold for a lower price than the domestic powders. Not as much anymore. But heck, Nothing is cheap anymore.

I use Accurate #7 and #1680 all the time - wish I had a mom and pop joint down here that stocked it regularly! Sounds like a nice place, thanks for sharing.

Back