Local LEO Moral and Values

HaTeDrUgY

Leo are people just like the rest of us, but should they be held to a higher moral standard when they are in the public eye?

Case in point a couple months ago in Escambia Co. FL two sheriff deputies were acused of having sex with underage interns, and a third for knowing about it and not reporting it. Result, the two quit(don't know if charges were droped), and the third Suspended.

Now In the county that I live in (Baldwin Co. AL, right next to Escambia Co.)
we have a city officer that is 30 something and married that is having a affair with a 18yr fastfood girl in town. The reason I know this is because I recently met her and she told me, his patrol car is there constantly, and I have several friends that live right across from the police station that see him and his wife(she trains the K9 units for the force!).

One of my friends that lives by the station is a attractive 20yr old female, says that the officer blows kisses at her.

Now this is what I have been told from these ladies and I have no reason to doubt them. I personally have not been hit on by the officer, which would twist the whole moral issue another way! But from my experince with my fiance that worked as a clerk in a gas station, she was told dirty jokes from officers and asked out even though she told them that she is engauged.

Is this kind of player mentality nation wide? Is it just a sign of the times? Is it even wrong and I am just oldfashioned?

To your question, the answer is YES. Police and other law enforcement persons should be held to a higher standard.[On or Off duty] But as in any other profession, there are some who don't and or deliberatly abuse there "power" and think there above the law. Police officers are subject to all the human flaws that effect all the rest of us in society. There are those who make a conscious decision to break thier oath; not to uphold the laws of this nation and whatever jurisdiction they work for. [Sad but true] For them the full measure of justice should prevail if caught breaking the law.

Back