Loading what I got . . .

Prof Young

With the scarcity of loading components I'm loading what I can, and lately it's been 38 specials. I have the brass and the power and the primers and the bullets so I'm gonna have a lot of them by the time I'm done. 357 too.

Ah well . . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

Having supplies is a good thing. Many reloaders who just started or didn't stock up when prices were good are finding new hobbies.

I found myself being thrifty my Varget, Berger 105's, and CCI 400's which is the what my F class rifle loves best.

Just put together a tactical style rifle in 6BR, MDT stock and MDT 6BR magazine, Savage 10 action, 24 inch Criterion barrel. Instead of using my Berger 105's up I am playing with 60 and 80 gn flatbases and some Nosler 107's with N120, H322, and IMR 8208 all of which I have a couple of pounds of. I have been using Federal and Remington primers instead of the CCI's. Local Sportsmas Warehouse has a small but good selection of powder and bullets. LGS's are more sporadic but powder and bullets trickles in. I have a couple of guys who work at two of them that call me. A couple of dozen doughnuts for the break room goes a long way with the local suppliers, hint hint

Also been doing a lot with .260 Remington to conserve my SRP's and using H4350 and 4831. I even have a pound of 3031 I am thinking of trying with some 120 gn bullets

Last edited:
Back