Loading BB guns . . . help!

Prof Young

So I have a couple of BB pistols that have a mag similar to a rimfire gun in that you hold down the spring and drop in the BBs. Both of them are just tedious to load. I tried making a BB funnel out of an old CO2 cartridge but it doesn't work well. Usually I wind up pinching up a few BBs and meticulously dropping them in the hole.

I'm open to suggestions.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Some companies sell BBs in a container that has a sort of a funnel on the lid for dispensing them. Other than that, I don't think I've seen anything like what you describe.

BBs are steel, so maybe you could use a magnet to help keep them under control during the loading process.

Some small funnel for lab use perhaps? The opening in the stem slight bigger than the BB's diameter.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Try a powder funnel. Get one of the soft plastic ones so you can easily carve the neck to fit your gun. Generally powder funnels have about 20cal holes so BBs should pass through, one at a time. Some care and perhaps stirring if you get too many in the hopper should work.

Never tried it, but seems like is ought to work.

Good Luck

I just buy the BB bottles that already kind of have a funnel built in and then refill them. YMMV

71iix5N6c7L._AC_SY879_.jpg

71cpxmF914L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Airsoft bb loader? I think they're under $10 for a 2 pack.

Walther/Umarex makes one for $10 or less. These are designed for regular bbs, but they look exactly like the airsoft types.

Follow up

I bought the Barra BB Gun Speed Loader Gen 2. It's not great but it's better than picking bbs up one at a time. Use it over some kind of catch basin.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back