Loading 9 mm for a Glock 43x...

StrawDog

Loading 9 mm for a Glock 43x what could be easier? I purchased a large number of 124g RMR JHPs A while back and have shot my way through 2000 Or so and determined that a COL of 1.08 inches worked well with 4.9 g of WSF. Shot reliably using several guns but not with my friends Glock 43x. A COL of 1.08 inches just barely passes the plunk test. And fails frequently. Mechanically this cycles through with a COL of 1.05 inches. My curiosity is does anyone know if I can shorten it up further or if I’m already pushing up the pressure? Since it is someone else’s gun I don’t think I should experiment. Thanks for your thoughts & happy new year

I load the RMR 147 to 1.110 so it will plunk in the guns I use it in. The load is on the light end of things so I don't worry about it being short. Just know that as you seat deeper and deeper you are decreasing interior volume in the case which increases pressure. Do not shorten col for heavy loads for that reason.Since this is not your gun not only would I not be experimenting but I would not be shooting your reloads in it.

Back