Loading 2" shotshells

Marty Hayes

I am interested in reloading shotshells that are 2" in length, as opposed to 2 3/4". Does anyone have any direct experience in doing this, or can point me towards someone who does?
Also, anyone seen factory hulls that are 2"?

Marty Hayes

Back in the days of the British Empire, they developed a 2" she;l for an ultra light weight 12 ga. The usual load was either 15/16 or 1 oz, and hulls can still be bought from the shops that cater to those that have these shotguns.

If Woodcock Hill in Pa is still doing business, they have the 2" and 2 1/2" stuff loaded,and maybe some empties also.

The Vintagers(folks who shoot the older game guns) probably can help you more, but I know of no website. You might get there through Shotgun Report, but I'm not enough computer literate to imbed an URL.

Here's the contact info. for the Vintagers:

Ray Poudrier, President of the Vintagers
PO Box 31, Hawley, MA 01339 USA
Telephone: 413-339-5347 8 AM to 8 PM EST
Fax: 413-339-4377
Email: vintagersray@hotmail.com

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but how about some 1 1/2" 12 ga. shells? Aguila makes them in Mexico. They won't function in an 870, but work fairly well in a Mossberg 500/590. They make a .9 oz slug and 7 1/2 bird shot. The web site is at http://www.aguilaammo.com

Back