Load Data from Wolfe

Not from my view point. I have good data from sources whose components I use. I am not personally interested in their products...at all. Others might think differently.

Consider the fact that there's enough variables across barrels, powder lots, cartridge assembly and test methods to cause a 100 fps or more spread in average velocity across all barrels of a given length with the same load data, then decide if paying for a subscription service is worth the cost.

Last edited:
I just get the latest load manuals when they come out. The only one I currently do not have is the latest Sierra. I have to remedy that.
Paul B.

Wolfe also has Loaddata. There is a wealth of information there. You get the info from Wolfe then check data with powder makers website or manuals. I have had years experience doing this and have had no problems. Loaddata is not without fault. Some of the data is older. That fact is stated with the data. I run hot and cold on the magazines. I have not subscribed to Handloader or Rifle in several years.

J. G. Terry, I don't understand your reaction.

The title of the thread is: "Is Wolfe Load Data worth it?"
You responded: "Wolfe also has Loaddata," as if the OP were unaware of it, which the thread title makes clear is not the case, so I felt it appropriate to remind the thread that Wolfe's Loaddata is already the topic at hand. Such reminders are routine, as lots of folks skim quickly and miss things. Perhaps you did not mean to sound like you were bringing Loaddata to the OP's attention. The rest of the post fits in fine.

Back