load calculator

1Longbow

anyone have a load calculator that could run this load for me?
308 Cal.
HSM Case
Primer--CCI
Bullet--Barnes TTSX 150 grain
Powder-H4895--42.5 grains
OAL--2.799
Thanks to anyone that could do this

Thanks for he reply, and these will not be shot.My dad loaded these, and I thought something was amiss. thank you again

Shadow9mm said:
I would be careful as you are above max, and seated out farther than barnes specs. have you checked to see how far off the lands you are?
How did you arrive at the conclusion that his cartridges are above the maximum?

Your numbers indicate a maximum load of 44.1 grains when loaded to a COL of 2.735".

He has cartridges loaded with 42.5 grains (below your maximum), at a COL of 2.799 Longer than your COL by .064".

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that these cartridges are pretty much mid-range.

Unless the bullets are too close to the throat in his gun, those should be mid-range in a Winchester case. Close to the throat, pressure starts to rise and touching the throat will usually produce about 20% increase in peak pressure in a rifle cartridge.

In theory, the bullets could be seated deeper to match Barnes's spec to make it safe to shoot in any chamber, but in practice, my inclination would be to pull the bullets and check the powder condition and charge weight then re-charge and re-seat them.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that his cartridges are above the maximum?

Your numbers indicate a maximum load of 44.1 grains when loaded to a COL of 2.735".

He has cartridges loaded with 42.5 grains (below your maximum), at a COL of 2.799 Longer than your COL by .064".

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that these cartridges are pretty much mid-range.
I was over tired and read it wrong. My apolgies. I fixed it.

Back