Llama Minimax .45?

CANIS

This is my first post!!!

I just purchased a Llama Minimax (I couldn't pass it up at $200!) and took it to the range. I put 150 rounds of Winchester 230 grain FMJ through it without a single malf. It pretty much shot to point of aim even though I wouldn't classify it as a tack driver. After searching Dejanews and this forum for info regarding this gun, I came up with mixed results, either love it or it's not even suitable as a hammer to some!

Here are my questions:

What experiences do any of you folks have with this pistol, what, if any parts are interchangeable with standard 1911 variants?

Thanks in advance!

CANIS

I bought a mini max two weeks ago for $219. Took it home, pushed the mag in and it wouldn't lock in. Took it back to the store the next day and traded it for a MAX-I. I stripped this one, degreased it and lubed it with Tetra lube. With Meggar mags it has functioned perfectly. Not real accurate but acceptable. For $200 I'm satisfied. There is a 1911 web site at, http://www.m1911.org/m1911dt.htm, where you can find a list of interchangable parts.

Got a good trigger job for it. trigger's a bit gritty and could be smooooothed out!

Nice inexpensive 1911 clone for the money. The gun mags thought it was okay.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat turds powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

As best I can tell, the Minimax is not a 1911 clone. There are some similarities, but many 1911 aftermarket parts won't work in the Minimax.

(There was some indication that the steel in some of the Llama wasn't as hard as it should be, too... but that may be more "urban myth" than fact.)

The guns can and do shoot well, but are not considered guns that should be expected to have a long service life.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm one of those types of guys that loves to read any and everything about a particular pistol I own! I had seen a post on Dejanews by someone that the steel was soft. I also saw a reply from some foks that said the steel is up to milspec. I guess that I should just enjoy the one I have and hope it lasts!

CANIS

Back