LLama max-1 ejector removal

skip1701

Inactive
Hi folks, i recently got my hands on a Max-1 L/F in 38 super. It has a broken extractor (no big deal), but...the ejector is broken. The question is....are these ejectors press-fit or soldered in ? Id like some advice before i do some real damage. Thanks for the info in advance.

The Max 1 is now made in the Philippines,Eagle Imports markets it here and you could contact them for information.In any case if you don't see evidence of soldering it is likely press fit and you can try extracting it the conventional way.

polyphemus said:
The Max 1 is now made in the Philippines,Eagle Imports markets it here and you could contact them for information.In any case if you don't see evidence of soldering it is likely press fit and you can try extracting it the conventional way.
This raises the question of whether this is a Spanish Llama or a Philippine Llama. The Spanish guns were *mostly* 1911 clones, but they had some peculiarities. The Philippine Llamas, on the other hand, are 100% 1911 clones. If it's a new (Philippine) pistol, the ejector should be pinned, with a 1/16" pin that runs through from one side to the other just back from the front of the extractor (through the front leg).

Where was it made?

If it's a new (Philippine) pistol, the ejector should be pinned, with a 1/16" pin that runs through from one side to the other just back from the front of the extractor (through the front leg).
It is definitely NOT a standard 1911 part as it is seen in Unclenick's post #2

One might think OP would've noticed the hold down cross pin,absent that he asked his question,Eagle Imports has a replacement ejector for that model,standard 1911 design.
Different country of origin,different ejector.

Thanks for the input folks. It IS a Spanish Llama, manufactured in 1998. I've replaced 1911 ejectors before....this one is NOT pinned. So I'm guessing soldering has occurred. Any other hints and tricks about these pistols anyone would like to share? Thanks.

Back