Llama 44magnum, input needed.

MedicatedOne

I found a very nice Llama 44magnum for $229. It is blued and in awesome condition, hardly used, if at all.
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this weapon or any Llama revolvers?
I know their autos are pretty questionable in quality, but I have heard little on their wheelguns.
Thanks in advance.

The Llama revolvers were almost a direct copy of the S&W's of the same type. Quality varied, but they were accurate enough. I have never fired one in .44, but handled and fired several in .357 and they seemed OK for the little firing I did.

Parts may be scarce and they are not close enough to the S&W for parts to interchange, although some can be fitted.

That is not a bad price, but I think I would look around for a used S&W Model 29. One in fair shape should run about the same price and the S&W is a lot better gun.

Jim

Llama WHEELGUNS are USUALLY a PLEASANT SURPRISE!!! Usually well-built, and hold up to AT LEAST a DECENT AMOUNT of shooting, in my experience...and the price is HARD TO BEAT!!!....mikey357

Buy it

Years ago when I was young I had a Llama Super Comanche in .44 mag. I shot several thousand rounds thrugh it with no problems. I thought I should have a good .44 one day so I traded up to a Ruger SRH. Well the Srh had to go back to the factory after 1 box of shells. It has since digested a lot of heavy .44 loads with no problems.

Back