Ljungman Disc Decode

redlantrn

Hi:
Could someone please decipher the markings on my Ljungman?
Thanks!.
Jason
IMG_0989.jpg

Bore Condition

I have good news for you. The triangle stamped over the "1" in the small section indicates rifling wear is minimal when the gun was lasted checked by a swedish armorer. "2" is more wear, and "3" is the least acceptable before requiring the rifle be re-barrelled.
:D
I own an excellent M1896 Carl Gustav with the same disc system and know this well. I am embarrassed that I forget what the other indicators meant!
:o

The large section of the disk indicates that the bore is pretty tight, 6.48mm. Should be good for a lot of shooting yet.

As far as the wear marking, I've seen rifles with a 3 marking on the wear section that still shot very well. The Swedes were very picky about maintaining their rifles.

Of course, all this assumes that the disk is the one that is actually matched to your rifle and that the rifle hasn't had a lot of use since the disc was attached.

The third section has to do with correcting the sights for the newer 139gr bullets as opposed to the old 160gr bullets. I don't think it really means anything on the Ljungmans because I think they came along after the 139gr loading was being issued.

Back