Little Bargain

gmoney

I picked me up a 1989 Bersa Model 23 22LR pistol today for 150.00..... The gun is in excellent condition , with box and all original paperwork.. I don't even think it looks like it was ever fired ..!
Love to hear your thoughts on the gun if anyone has one ...or have had one in past....

Bersa makes solid guns. They stopped making the model 23 back in 1995. I believe they used to sell for around $250ish new back then. They produce a .22 almost identical now in the Thunder line, as well as .380acp. For a cheap walther copy, they're pretty decent.

I don't have any experience with the model 23. I have had a couple of Bersa Thunder .380s from around 2010 which look to be very similar to the Google images of the 23. I never had any issues with them. Good, reliable, accurate, fun to shoot.

I also have a Bersa Thunder Pro 45 Ultra Compact which, while not being especially pretty, is also reliable and accurate, also from the same general 2010-2012 time frame.

Assuming it feeds reliably with a good range of ammo, that's an absolute smokin deal on an all-steel kit gun. Try to find one in that condition on GB for twice the price. If I saw that deal at the local gun store I'd throw out my shoulder going for my wallet.

I had one when I was looking for the perfect country Western carry 22. Wasn’t looking for an anti personnel weapon, just a 22 that was accurate and dependable. I had gone through about 20 pistols. Most bought used. Several were PP style. My accuracy test was beer cans at 25’. To prove this wasn’t biased, none of the 32 frame 22s passed. Bersa wasn’t the worst,
coming somewhere in the middle. * double action trigger pull was not important in this test.
Several of the more expensive guns were a disappointment. I didn’t have a German Walther in these tests. No plastics in test either. Ended up with S&W 422-4” to get a pistol that had practical accuracy. A little bigger frame but light & flat.

My dad passed two Bersa Thunders (both .380) on to me, along with a Walther PPK.

I spent a day shooting all three at the indoor range at NRA Bullseye 50 foot targets. At the time, I was near top of my club in league points. I had custom bullseye guns. The point is, I am an accuracy and trigger pull snob.

After a few boxes of ammunition, I decided to sell the Walther. The Bersas were simply better shooters and had better triggers. They were not as pretty and did not have as fancy a box. The Walther sold for more than my dad paid for it.

A few years later, I sold the Bersa Thunders. They were just sitting in the gun safe.

Twenty years later, I bought another Bersa Thunder. Because of all the pistols I have tried and then sold, that was one of the few I regretted selling. For what it is, I think the Bersas are still a value at near double their list price.

$150? Call the police, you stole it!

Back