List of Older Charter Arms revovlers?

TruthTellers

I kind of have this fascination for old, but decently made revolvers from US companies like H&R, Iver Johnson, and of course, Charter Arms.

I'm finding that I'm a big fan a older Charter revolvers, basically those made from the 60's up until whenever it was Charter became CHARCO in the 90's. Today's Charter revolvers look so homogenized and bland compared to the blue and wood of the older Charters that were full of soul.

I continue to find models of these older Charter's that I didn't know existed, like the .32 S&W Long Undercover. I was born in the 90's, so I have no idea what Charter made back in the day and I'd like to know if there are any books or articles or anything that I can get that lists what Charter made back then.

If no such books or media exists, would anyone here be able to give me a run down of what Charter made before 1990? Obviously I know they made the .44 Bulldog and .32 Undercovers.

Im a Charter fan for over 35 years .. I have had a dozen or more of the early Charters .. ,wonderful revolvers .

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on the old Charter Bulldog .357's in 4 and 6 inch? They look like they'd be lighter than the SP101's with the 4 inch barrel.

Back