Liquid Alox question

Mlarkin_09

Inactive
For all you that shoot and cast Lee's TL bullets. Do you spend the time standing all of the bullets up on there base?

I have been doing it this way since I started, But I want to know if I can just dump them out on paper and leave them laying on there side to dry?

I love TL bullets and have had no lead problems since I have used them but I HATE having to spend so much time trying to set all of those bullets up to dry.

I've always let them lay. From what I know the whole point of TL is to be fast and a quick way to lube bullets. Works just fine when I let them lay.

I tumble mine in a koolaid tub, then pour them out into a plastic bowl to dry. Seems to work well for my .41 mag SWCs. After more than a 1,000 rounds in my Ruger Blackhawk there is not a bit of lead at all.

Man, I thought I was the only one who took the time to stand all those little buggers upright................ I will continue to do the same because I'm anal like that:rolleyes:

From what I've been taught, it's been best to stand them up for drying purposes. I honestly don't think there were any issues regarding absence of lube due to them being left on their sides. I'm not NEARLY experienced in this process compared to most here, but thought I'd at least provide what has been conveyed to me.

I took the time to stand them up -- what a bother! I think I did it once or twice, then I got a Lyman sizer/lubricator and have never looked back.

I stand them up on a sheet of waxed paper on a cookie sheet, using a pair of forceps.

For low-velocity target loads, I like Rooster Jacket better (but I don't trust it enough yet to try it for "magnum" loads.)

JPW

I warm my wc up with a heat lamp , put em in a bowl & a dab of JPW by the time they cool there ready to shoot!!

I stand em up so the solvents will evap qwiker!

I just let them lay. As soon as you fire them the lube gets spread around. Since they can be sticky, I put them in a plastic bag with a little powdered mica. That takes care of the sticky and makes them slicker than dog snot.

+1 on the powdered mica. I stand mine on their bases but I don't have a good reason other than the guy that taught me to cast always did it that way. The mica makes the whole process cleaner.

Tumble lube process

Hi there folks.

This is the simple version of tumble lubing

I usally just get a small disposable container , ( butter , yogurt etc.. ) 12 - 16 oz size.. fill it 1/3 way with your cast bullets , squirt a couple teaspoons of lube , cover and shake / swirl around... Open and inspect for coverage. If needed add a bit of more lube. don't need to be dripping with lube... less is better than more... ( to prevent excess smoking ) .. I add a bit of motor - mica to make the bullets easier to handle,,, and spread on a cookie sheet or on wax paper.... let dry overnight... no mess no fuss.... when you load your bullets they will have a hardened waxy coating that should prevent leading in your barrel at most handgun velocities.........:D

NOTE : IF EXCESS SMOKING ACCURES THEN FIND THREAD CALLED ......THE SMOK'IN GUN / SMOKY RELOADS ..... AND READ HOW TO PREVENT THAT PROBLEM......:confused:

CZ MAN

Back