Lipsey's Ruger Blackhawk 10MM: Ransom Rest Accuracy Test

Mr.RevolverGuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIDOTVGESw
DSC00759.jpg

I have been asked to include the Ransom Rest in more video's for accuracy testing. So what better pistol to test with then the Lipsey's Exclusive Ruger Blackhawk 10MM Conversion in 10MM & 40S&W. Today I used three different loads to test with 200gr, 175grSWC and 135gr Nosler JHP.

The Ransom Rest is a great device for accuracy testing like what I have conducted in this video, but I use it to make me a better reloader.

Stay tuned for the next video as we compare 10MM velocity from the Ruger Blackhawk against other pistols with different barrel lengths.

I am still in amazement with how soft shooting the beefy blackhawk really is in 10MM.

What I see in your video is why I don't even bother trying to use my Ransom rest at the range where I shoot. In your video, you can see the entire bench moving with every shot. I'm amazed you could get any sort of groups with the bench swaying like that.

What distance were you shooting at?

Yes you need to have a much sturdier bench. But for some reason I have found I can get decent groups if I am sitting on the bench vs not LOL.

We call it 25 yards but if I pace it at 6foot 5inches with normal length stride I pace it at 32 yards.

I have been looking for something mobile thats much sturdier. I watch a video where a gentleman welded up a nice mount point and was able to attach it to his trailer hitch.

I am not sure it is true but urban legend has it that this will be a limited run for Lipsey's only. There was no announcement and as of yet there is nothing on Ruger's website.

Excellent video. I appreciate the effort to demonstrate some serious testing. I would say almost a unique approach from what I have seen on you tube. I would go so far as to to say most of the you tube testing just make me sick. It is a miracle if the clown even rests the gun. Like I give a crap how well he can shoot. I want to know about the gun.

You or we, can always do better. This is a great start. That last group at 30 yards, let us see some one do better? I mean seriously, show me.

I dont see mobile and sturdy as a viable combination. Think rebar and concrete. Try and find a better club.

Last edited:
I don't have any interest in a revolver in this caliber but I have to say that was some really good shooting. As far as the bench moving that happened long after the bullet was through the target and was more from the gun recoiling back than from the firing of the gun.

I have a BH in 44 mag and that works better for me than a 10mm. But my bud just bought a Glock 10mm and this might be just the thing for him. Thanks for the video.;)

Back