Linden MI IDPA

Hoosier_Daddy

All of a sudden Linden Sportsmens Club dropped IDPA practice and club meets in the middle of the season. Just curious if anybody knew why they shutdown IDPA?

Last edited:
This is an email I received on July 10. This has been going on since June 27th.

7/10/2012

There are no IDPA activities scheduled at this time. At a special board meeting this Sunday, the board moved to re-apply for adequate range insurance. The club is currently open to members under a greatly reduced protection insurance policy.

At this time, I would say it would be at least 2 weeks before resuming IDPA.

When I know that there is adequate liability coverage for open shooting events, I will email those who asked to be notified. Also, there is a side banner on the LSC IDPA web site stating that IDPA is closed. That will be removed when things normalize.

Thank you.

-----------------------------
Joe S.

Thanks for the update. My neighbor and I drove up there last Wednesday for their Wednesday evening IDPA practice. There were about 8 of us wondering what happened. No note on the pistol range office, the main club house and parking lot used to be very active on Wednesday evening but there wasn't a car or person on site.

Finally received a reply from Linden Sportman Club's IDPA contact.
I am added to their email list to be notified when Linden's IDPA is back in service.

Last edited:
Miss you Linden IDPA practice and meets. I hope you get your insurance coverage or board of directors issues worked out this year.

I was just looking at their web site and now it looks like they are closed completely until further notice. Any idea what's going on?

I received an email from Joe Schiros, Linden's IDPA contact, tonight. It reads:

"IDPA activities are still suspended. The insurance issue is not settled, yet. Things are looking up, although the club is now under a general lock down. Maybe a couple more weeks.

I'll email when things resume."

I find it perplexing that things can look up when the club went from just IDPA shut down to the entire club now completely locked down.

Last edited:
Back