Limited vs Limited-10 with Para

yankytrash

Purchased a sweet Para P14 recently. Couldn't use it at yesterday's match, because I hadn't had enough time behind it yet. Next month, I will.

Can I get into IPSC's Limited-10 with it if I just keep the full caps loaded to 10 rounds each, or is that just a match-by-match rule. You know, does it fly at some matches, and not at others?

BY DEFINITION

Limited 10 is a Limited gun with only ten rounds LOADED (in the mag) for a full-up maximum of eleven rounds.

All other Limited rules apply.

It's gotta fly at all USPSA clubs. As WESHOOT2, noted, it's 10 rounds loaded in the mag.

The penalty for having more than 10 in the mag, BTW, is you get moved to open division.

which is a ridiculous penalty.
It should be being moved into Limited, and hopefully that rule is changed soon.

your para 45 will never hold as many rounds as some of the 40's out there, but it is plenty competitive in limited.

Load 10 in your mag, and if you get a jerk for an RO don't load 11 and chamber the one top round ( still comes out to the legal limit, but techincally illegal)

i think the mindset behind the rule is if the penalty is stiffer ( open class) then you will be less likely to stick that extra round in and take a chance.

What club do yo shoot?

I know it is just the local club but, as said before you should be put in the limited division. The Para 14 can hold as much as a STI limited with Dawson base pads. I know I own both. I would see about pulling the rule book out on the R.O. They need to abide by the rule book or it aint USPSA shooting.

Here is your ammo http://www.uspsa.org/index.html

You can sign up im Limited or Limited 10, depending on if you want to load 10 or 16-18 (depends on the base pads). I think what smoney's referring to is starting the course of fire with more than 10 rounds in the magazine. The course of fire starts when the RO says load and make ready, but any RO who's not a total jerk is going to realize that it's quicker to just load 11, strip one into the chamber, and go.Same outcome and the stage clears more quickly. The P14's quicker to reload than a single stack, given that huge magwell opening.

Back