LimbSaver "Precision Fit" (#10404) & Benelli SuperNova - Help / installation?

tAKticool

hi-

Basically my deal is - I am trying to install a LimbSaver "precision-fit" LimbSaver recoil pad on my shotgun. It is a Benelli SuperNova Tactical "SteadyGrip" (with the pistol-grip-stock and without the ComfortTech system) and the LimbSaver pad is a newer model specifically made for the Benelli SuperNova Tactical & Benelli M2 Tactical with those matching pistol-grip stocks.

The actual LimbSaver comes with the pad itself, a little white-colored plastic "bracket" or "installation backer" if you will, and 2 screws.

I have tried everything. There is very little info on the web about these installations. Supposedly you screw the two screws into the bracket, then pop that into the stock to install the pad. I am not getting this to work.

The only detailed story i found was a Calguns thread and the guy said he put the bracket INSIDE the stock, and screwed the pad into it- I cannot possibly see how that would work.

I have installed 3 other LimbSavers in my day- on my 870 Tactical and M930SPX, both of those I got so frustrated I simply super-glued (and they work amazing lol) and the Saiga-12 I simply used a Slip-On (Until i get a real conversion and pistol grip w/ stock etc.)... but I specifically bought this precision fit and do not want to super glue it to the beautiful Benelli...

I could really use some help here?

Thanks much!!!

I haven't used the pad you're trying to install, but have you called Limbsaver and asked for help? I have called and talked to them before and their response was exactly what I needed.

to be honest yes

I have actually called them a few times -as I may have mentioned I had installed pads on my 870 and 930. Neither of them had much information either- and when I called them for help, all they wanted to know is if I had used their template... and I was like, what do I need the paper template for , I am asking about how to screw it in... and they're like, "Oh yeah you need to measure with the template- and by the way what are the dimensions? Please read me your measurements you took with your calipers ??" and I'm thinking, *** are they on about, I didn't measure anything, I bought the specific pad for my specific gun!!

Anyway when I called LimbSaver BEFORE I ordered this pad, the lady was so nice but had no idea what i was talking about- didn't even know the difference between the pads and gun-models etc.

I believe i got it working last night- I found a thread describing someone's similar install on Calguns.net - So I made an account, PM'd the person, and begged. He has yet to respond 24 hours later but looks like he's been on so, I just said, what the hell. I was about to super-glue it again when I tried to replicate what he described in his post- and it seemed to have worked!

Sure as sugar doesn't seem very logical a way to do it, but if it works it works I guess. I will tell you, I had also installed a +2 extension of the magazine by Nordic Components ... that took 5 minutes. The "hardest part" was trimming the spring. And Obviously it wasn't all that hard.

Anyway thanks for the response sorry to trouble everyone.

Back