Limbsaver Pad Does not fit Wingmaster

Old Bill Dibble

I ordered a Limbsaver Pad for an older Wingmaster. According to the box and it is of the correct nomenclature to fit an 870 Wingmaster non-express. It is about a half inch to short and too narrow all around the sides. Any idea what the correct one should be or why it is that way? The stock appear original. I am uncertain of the exact date on the gun. Currently there is a factory plastic butt installed.

The year code is ADQ, which gives a few options.

You are likely going to have to use a grind-to-fit pad. Not hard to do. There are YouTube videos that show you how to do it with a power sander.

No way. The Walnut is too pretty. I'll put a cheap synthetic on the before I will do that. I can get all synthetic furniture with pad shell holder included for $80.

I'll probably just leave it be.

HTML:
No way
Why ? You can do a grind to fit and never touch the wood. I fit them all the time and never have to do anything to the wood.

No the pad is too small, grinding it won't help.

Quote:
about a half inch to short and too narrow all around the sides

Which is why he said you need to get a grind-to-use pad, i.e., another one. You measure the longest and widest areas as well as the distance between screw holes. If the pad is too long or wide, you mark it and grind it down.

You ordered it wrong.

Thanks bud, if you could tell me the right number for a wooden stock 870 Wingmaster non-express is I'd appreciate it. It is not 10102 or 10806. Wanna know how I know? They are sitting on my kitchen table.

Which is why he said you need to get a grind-to-use pad, i.e., another one. You measure the longest and widest areas as well as the distance between screw holes. If the pad is too long or wide, you mark it and grind it down.

I got ya. I think I will just send it back and not get another one. I can cut down an old slip on pad to fit and screw it into place. Maybe glue a base plate on it. Come to think of it I probably should have done that in the first place.

You may need to cut the stock unless you want it to have a longer length of pull
That would also make the dimensions closer to the pads you have now.

Here are the "grind to fit" models:
https://www.limbsaver.com/product/grind-to-fit-recoil-pad/

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/pachmayr/parts-and-accessories/recoil-pads/custom-fit.do

There are lots of Youtubes showing how it's done.

One good way is to trace the stock on a scrap board, cut it out, and do most of the grinding on the template.

Either you ordered the wrong pad or they sent you the wrong one. Return it for a refund and take your gunstock to a gun store and get the proper pad.

Call then and talk to them. That's going to solve the problem right now....no more guessing on what to do. Quit flogging a dead horse.
877-257-2761

Back