liliput 6.5

littlmak

I've got a chance to pick one up. What can you tell me about these guns? Is ammo still available or is this a wall hanger?

Need more information.
August Menz made a "Lilliput" in 6.35mm, but not 6.5.
The Lilliput was made in even smaller calibers, which are no longer available.
6.35mm is standard .25 ACP.

Sorry, it's 6.35. I read some blurbs on it through Yahoo search. 1 said it's .25 acp, another said it took obsolete ammo. Which to me meant no longer available. So I'm curious, I also saw 1 in Collectors Firearms. The one I'm looking at is in much better shape cosmectically. I'll know more about it in a week when I actually get it in my hands.

One pistol that used the names Liliput was the FFG/Frommer .25, 1921 to 1929. The Liliput that most people are familiar with was made by August Mentz in 1920 in 4.25 MM. He also made the same pistol in 6.35 and 7.65. The 4.25MM cartridges is or was the smallest center fire cartridge ever made and the cartridges are very rare and very expensive. Each cartridge was hand made on a lathe.

That's the gun I'm looking at, The Mentz. I wasn't sure of the metric calibres if .25 in the states is the same as .25 in europe. As long as I can get ammo for it I'll make an offer on it. Thanks for the info.

OOps, you are right , Forgot all about the Kolibri:confused: They too were hand made, one at a time.

Last edited:
Back