lightweight stock

old fart

i have a 12 gauge pardner pump protector which is an 870 clone. i have decided to get a lighter stock with or with out a pistol grip is ok, i just would like to lighten up the gun a little as i'm gonna be hiking with it soon. the factory synthetic stock and forearm weigh over 3lbs, do ya'll know of a stock that will weigh less? thanks

Probably not enough difference to be worth the expense, but a wood stock is lighter than synthetic in this case. Most all cheaper grades of synthetic used on factory stocks at least equal to and often are heavier than wood. I have a couple of 870's, one with walnut, the other with factory synthetic. Using the same barrel on each the walnut stock is 1/4 lb lighter.

Everyone assumes synthetics are always lighter. All of the high quality synthetics that were originally produced were and still are. The cheap copies made now just can't be made strong enough and still keep weight down. You don't see light synthetics until you reach the $600 price range and made from Kevlar.

Back