Lighter springs in Makarov

AC's & 45's

Is there a reduced spring kit availabe for the Mak.
I am referring to the sear and hammer spring.
My SA pull is a fairly consistent 7 lbs, a little heavy but managable. I can't even measure the DA pull. It goes off the scale on my RCBS guage. If I had to guess it would be in the range of 15-20 lbs and very gritty.
Is this common ?

From what I've read at
http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=mak12

the East German maks have lighter double action pulls than the Bulgarian maks. The only mak I've shot is my own EG and I like the double action pull a lot. Not too heavy. Pretty smooth. There's just the annoying take-up before getting to any resistance you find in any mak trigger.

So I guess the springs are different in the EGs than in the bulgies, but I don't know the details.

I've asked Wolff if they could make a lighter mainspring for the Mak. The guy said it would be way too expensive considering the way the spring is built. There's a guy on the Makarov board who did a little bending on his spring to lighten it up. He just straightened out the hammer portion of the spring a bit.

Rob

You can take the mainspring out and tweek it a bit but not to much or you will get light primer hits(personal experience).

If you go to makarov.com and then go to the accessories page you will find gunsmithing information. There is a link to a company that does trigger jobs on Maks for $50. There is also some "Self Gunsmithing" information on the sight.

Back