lightening trigger pull on a 91/30

tahunua001

hello all. I am currently working on sporterizing a mosin nagant and am right now fighting what I estimate to be around a 12-15 pound trigger pull on it. I don't want a 2 stage or anything fancy. I just want something in the 3-6 pound area. lighter would be even nicer but I don't want a hair trigger or anything.

It should be around 9 pounds. I've seen people file the sear spring, or stack a washers between the receiver and screw, or try to bend it… No matter what they do, they make the rifle unsafe because it has a much much higher chance of firing without pulling the trigger. If you decide to do it, be aware that if you drop it or hit it against something, it just might go off even if you aren't pulling the trigger. I saw a guy who successfully got it down to a few pounds, but when he just tapped the stock on the ground it fired.

There are aftermarket triggers that are a lot less heavy. I think its timney or something like that that makes them. Thats probably the safest way to do it, but last i checked it was about 70 bucks. The triggers are what they are, I've just learned to shoot with it and actually shoot well with that heavy trigger.

Mine is 5.9lbs I just had to go and check. Thought that was normal? Guess I just got lucky. The other mosin I've shot was slightly heavier but I don't think 9lbs

Back