Light that will fit an M&P 9c?

river251

Hi all. The M&P forum has threads back to 2010 talking about lights for the 9c, but those lights are about 100 lumen. I can't find a light with real power (200 lumens at least) that fits the M&P 9c. Anybody know of a small light that will fit the little rail on the 9c? Maybe the TLR-7 would fit there?

Thanks very much.

Jim

Thanks, that sounds like good advice. I've been searching around on the internet for a few hours and haven't really been able to find it addressed. That data sheet makes it sound like no.

Thanks.

I have a TLR-7 for a Glock 17 and it sits flush. It will extend past your muzzle, but plenty of people run lights that way so NBD.

Edit: I would think the compact is considered full size (ie not a Shield) but I could be very wrong.

The TLR-7 doesn’t work on the original Compact... or at least it didn’t on my M&P40 Compact. And I also have tried it with a few custom keys that were made by a member on Pistol Forum. Problem is the trigger guard cants the light.

Only light that I personally own and know works is the Insight X2. Older design, with I believe only 80 Lumen output... but fits. I’m sure there are other lights that work, but haven’t had the need to find one.

I believe the TLR-3 works, though it is only 125 lumens. I have personally found lumens don't tell the whole story. I have 200 lumen lights that blind and cast light better than 400 lumen lights. Candela is more important to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Light that will fit an M&P 9c?

I believe the TLR-3 works, though it is only 125 lumens.

Don’t think I’ve ever tried mine, as I used it predominantly on my Glock 30S (now runs the TLR-7). Should give it a test fit on there, mainly for s***s and giggles.

Streamlight’s paperwork says it is an E key... but that it works on all M&Ps. Reading that, I kind of feel like it will be a similar issue as the TLR-7... but that is without physically pulling it out and trying.

The Insight sounds interesting but no longer available. Same for the Micro 90. I think that leaves the TLR-3 and the Viridian that actually fit, and the Viridian if you want it flush with the muzzle. The Viridian only has 100 lumen, same as the Viridian Reactor that fits the Shield. The TLR-3 sticks out pretty far which is fine except I plan to pocket carry. The 9c fits in my Wrangler cargo khaki pants fine, and draws easy. I don't think the TLR-3 would fit thought even if I could find a pocket holster for it. The 9c does print some in my pocket.

There are four lights for the Shield that are all 100 lumen (TLR-6, Viridian Reactor, Crimson Trace, Lasermax) so for pocket carry the 9c doesn't buy me anything to make up for it's extra heft si width so I'm going to go for the Shield. But I won't buy til Shot Show in case something with >100 lumens becomes available.

Yes...I wear suspenders, a button-up dress shirt, and khaki cargo pants for work and just wear them all the time. IWB doesn't work if your shirt is tucked in unless you have a tuckable holster, which I may try, but I like it being right there in my right front pocket. Wearing a shirt out with suspenders doesn't work, tried it. I don't have my CC license yet but have been carrying my PPS M2 around in my pocket with the flush mag and no bullets. I forget it's there, and draw is instant. I'm going to end up with a 9mm Shield and a P365 and my current PPS M2. Over time I will decide which one I want to keep and sell the others. Probably will sell the PPS to fund the P365. Beautiful gun but the gritty creep between the wall and the break is annoying and I think affects my accuracy. I just sold my EC9s to fund the Shield. (only took four hours on Armslist). I liked it but sitting around at night dry firing it, the way the trigger sticks far forward the point of it irritated my finger. Otherwise a great pocket gun.

Enough yacking.....

This is sort of relevant to the thread so will post it here, result of looking at lights for the Shield. Going to put if over on M&P forum too. If anyone can help fill in the missing data please do.

lumens candela laser strobe batteries
Streamlight TLR-6 100 2000 red no 2 CR-1/3N
Viridian Reactor 100 n/a no yes 2 CR-1/3N
CT Laserguard Pro 150 n/a gr, red yes 1 CR2
Lasermax 100 n/a gr, red yes 2 CR-1/3N

Hopefully SHOT SHOW will see stronger lights for the Shield.

Back