Light mount for 12 gauge??

Gbnk82

I'm in the market for a mount for my maverick 88 I plan to attach a surefire light flashlight to it..I found the elzeta mount and amazon and considered it but would like some suggestions first..also please no suggestions for the surefire foreend I can't use that because the maverick has a fixed action..

Last edited:
Holds up great. The extension tube itself can loosen a bit after a lot of shooting. But, it can't go anywhere due to the design of the tube and the clamp. The flashlight is on there so firmly, I've actually used it to tighten the tube in a pinch.

Hmm I was going to go with the elzetta mount and the surefire 6px light but now I'm kind of considering your setup I like the compactness of it

I was in the same boat. When I first started looking, I found Elzetta and they looked great. But yeah, kinda bulky. When I don't need the light, it comes off quick and easy and the mount is barely noticeable by itself.

FYI, there is another version of this mount, too, that has two screws rather than three.

Also just out of curiosity I have been looking at the surefire 6px to mount on this while it isn't technically considered a weapon light I have hear it is more than up to the job..does anyone have an opinion on this light or a suggestion to any other ones??

Well I guess that is true..I love the design of the elzetta it looks very sturdy..I just need to find a light that will hold up to the duty of handling 12 gauge recoil now

Back