Light for Glock 26

TruthTellers

Looking at two different lights for the subcompact Glocks, the 26/27/33, and they are the Streamlight TLR-6 and the Viridian Reactor. Price is comparable and light output is the same at 100 lumens, so those things are not the focus here.

The Streamlight has a laser while the Viridian doesn't. I don't need the laser, but it's not something I mind having. The big difference between the two is the Streamlight uses two CR1/3N batteries while the Viridian uses one CR2 battery.

Which would be the better choice? Purpose is not for conceal carry, but that may change, so holster options are on my mind here.

Glock 26 with a TLR-6
07b059324f9ca6ee26d566a9d89598f5.jpg

Reactor 5 on Glock 26
s-l225.jpg

The reactor is a little shorter and lighter, which is nice, but it may cast a weird shadow with the bezel of the light behind the barrel that much. I love Viridian lights, made in my homestate. If you can, find somewhere you can play with the controls. The simpler the better! Some lights have a ton of cool features, but when you are trying to identify a threat in your home and you're half asleep, you want simple.

Back