Life span of .22 supressors?

Marcus

I`ve been thinking of picking up a supressed .22 lately. I found two that I`m trying to decide between, a Ruger Mk2 with 6.5" integral supressor or a Bushmaster AR upper,converted to .22LR only with a permanently installed Ceiner kit and a 14" integral supressor (and 3 30rd. hi caps!). Both were built by a place called Tactical Solutions (anyone familiar with this outfit BTW?). I`m just wondering how many rounds I can put through something like this before the supressor wears out or needs to be rebuilt. I could see myself putting a LOT of rounds through that AR upper. :) Marcus

As long as you don't have misaligned threads causing baffle strikes you can put plenty through a 22 can. Nothing to worry about - thousands upon thousands of rounds at least. I've heard that one of the original Outback demo models Gemtech still uses has never even been cleaned. Personally though, I'd recommend you ditch the idea of an integral model and get a detachable model so you can use it on different guns.

I had a suppressed Ruger 10/22 some years ago and did not find it worth the trouble. It would often 'smoke stack' a case when firing sub sonic ammo and to be frank 10/22 with sub sonic 'Hushpower' ammo is almost as quiet as the suppressed gun particularly given the loud 'click clack sound of the action.

If considering a suppressor I would fit it on a bolt action.

Yep I think that`s the place. I`m leaning toward the Ruger. I can always throw a Ceiner kit in the AR for .22LR plinking without a supressor. .22 rifles aren`t all that loud to begin with anyway. Marcus

Back