Liberty Safe Feedback

MtnMike1

Hi guys, I'm shopping for my first gun safe. I've read many threads here on safes and I learned to buy bigger than I think I need. I plan to use it for handguns, some jewelry and important papers. I'd like to keep it under $1000. I've looked at Liberty safes. Their Revere line fits my needs. I'm looking for feedback on this particular safe as described below from their website. It has 8 locking bolts, weighs 485lbs and holds up to 25 guns. I have only one long gun of any value.

SECURITY

All Revere safes have been awarded UL's Residential Security Container burglary classification
Triple case hardened steel plates protect lock from drill attack
UL Listed S&G™ Group II mechanical lock
USA RV20, 23 & 30 VERSION:

Defensive barrier of seven (RV20) to eight (RV23 & RV30) 1" diameter locking bolts 2-piece roll-form body. Added steel gussett to provide stronger rigidity to door to increase pry resistance
Low profile S&G electronic lock is optional
STYLE & FUNCTION
Durable gloss textured black finish (all models) with gray marble (20 & 23 size only) and granite (model 23 only) finishes.
Each safe includes satin chrome 3-PT handle (RV20 gray marble and all other RV23 & 30 models) or single point chrome handle (RV20 Text. BK)
Upholstered 3-in-1 Flex™ interior in gray fabric.
USA MODELs available in these sizes: RV20, RV23, RV30

I just got a new one from Cabellas. Its made by liberty, the Classic 48 i think its called. Right at $1000. I picked it up on sale for Presidents day. I really like that its wide but not real deep. Made it easy to get thru doorways in the house.

Fire rated for 45 min with an electronic lock

Liberty safes are a great option with great customer service. I have a woodsman 23 and couldnt be happier. I went with the dial lock just my personal preference

go with liberty

In the mid 90's, our family had a house fire. Liberty Presidential was in the basement. The fire was hotter than normal, resulting in a btackdraft which lifted the house off the foundation when the fire got O2. The guns i still have today were in that safe! Due to my own stupidity a Marlin 30-30, Browning light 12, and a Super Blackhawk were not in it. All 3 lost. Do yourself a favor and raise the safe up off the ground. Fireproof doesn't mean waterproof. That safe i still use today after having a safe tech rework the combo, although the lock and bars are the only security it offers now due to the other safety measures in the safe all being spent. I highly recomend as the fire was way hotter and longer than the safes rating, yet it still did the job.

I have 1 Browning and 3 Liberty's so I guess I like Liberty's the best. Buy the biggest one you can right now as they fill up fast.

Keep an eye out on Tractor supply. They get them on sale regularly. Just picked up the tall and wide model for $999. $300 off.

Doug

Back