Liberty arms mod. Nevada

tomh1426

Aneyone know anything about these, I just got one as part of a trade, was told it was an Uberti cattleman, kinda mad Its not!
It says Liberty arms mod. nevada on top of the barrel, cal.45 colt on the side and armi jager italy on the bottom of the barrel.
Its gotta brass trigger guard and back strap and a case hardened frame, probably painted on.
Ill post a pic later, theirs somthin goin on on top of the hammer I dont understand.

Here it is
1873001.jpg

Whats broken off the top of the hammer??
1873003.jpg

It actually locks up tight and the trigger breaks clean, better than my Blackhawk (out of the box)
all throats were exactly .453 and the barrel is .451"
Im trying to talk myself into believing I didnt get burned that bad, any help would be great :)
Thanks, Tom

Last edited:
That sounds like it, to bad theirs not any more info.
So it was made by armi jager and sold by emf, never heard of either!
Then who is Liberty arms?
1873005.jpg

I have a "Nevada" in .357 Mag and can't find anything on it either.

It shoots well enough but there is just not any info on it.

It shoots about 6" high at 20 yards but Its actually groups pretty well.
Still dont really know anything about it!

made at Liberty arms in Pennsylvania between about 1991-1996.

Used to see them new at guns shows priced between $250.00 blued and $325 in nickel or maybe stainless.

Thats all i know about them

liberty nevada.

purchased one of these from fed mart in the early 1970s. believe i paid 87.00 for it. i liked the looks and feel of it and added this 357 to my magnum collection which were all blackhawks. the lib shot weii tho i was pretty much restricted to the wad cutter 38s at the orange county sheriffs facility so grouping was less than stellar bu with magnum rounds i was able to chop down a mesquite tree in the arizona desert. wish i still owned it but feeding the kids came first

It was not made by Liberty Arms, it was imported by them.
Armi Jaeger sold guns through various US importers, Liberty being one of them.
They are good guns. Not Colts, but good guns.

Been a while since Tomh1426 was around (about 10 years) but good information none-the-less. I wonder if those guns have any collector status today? Maybe a super low-cost way to get a cowboy 6-shooter...I remember Llama was a super low-cost way to get a DA revolver back in the 1970's.

Back