Liberty 22 revolver

I have a Liberty 22 8 shot revolver, I would like some information on its history, it was made in Germany. I have owned it since 1978 or 79. It is well made I believe. any information I could get would be truly appreciated.

Are there any other markings? Liberty has been used as a trade name by a couple of importers, the latest of which is KBI.

Jim

jim,

Thank you for your reply, it has it has Liberty in gold and black on the body of the pistol also has a stamping of what looks like a Norse god or hero with HW5 below, also has three symbols two I can't identify and one is a 68 in a small shield. The pistol looks like a small .38 Special.

Greg

I believe what you have is an Arminius HW-5 made by Hermann Weilhrauch KG, Mellrichstadt. They came in .22lr, .22mag and .32S&W Long. These revolvers have swing-out cylinders latched by a sleeve, coaxial with the ejector rod, which can be pulled forward to release the yoke.

Hi, folks,

FWIW, I think fal308 is correct. The Arminius revolvers were not too bad, being a cut above the SNS stuff. They were not as good as the High Standard Sentinel, of which they were a "sort of" copy.

Value is low ($100 in top shape), and there is no (AFAIK) any collector interest.

Again, as far as I know, they are no longer made and there is no support.

Jim

Back