lever actions going up like AR's ???

I was at the Gun Show this last weekend in Rochester MN... I was not pricing AR's, but was curious what they were selling for... I was kinda looking for another lever gun, in 44 Mag, 44-40, or 444, so I was paying attention to prices... yikes :eek: the levers are / were selling for almost as much as the AR's...

CAS shooting, or Marlins "break" in production to fix their QC issues driven up prices that much, or ??? what has driven those prices so high???

Everyone is trying to get their piece of the panic pie. Wait 6 months to buy it. Its unfortunate that legislators create such a mess for law abiding citizens.

what has driven those prices so high?
Call it supply/demand, call it greed, call it awareness that if I am not allowed to own one thing I'll damned sure have another in its stead. There's always the shrinking dollar syndrome as well.

It seems very few things that go bang are immune to "The Panic", which ironically is shaping up to be 10 times worse than anything Obama-Biden-Feinstein are likely to do to us.

Just replied about this SAME freakin' thing in the post below this one. I was at the gun show in SF this past weekend and I almost threw up looking at the prices. One booth had a cool little 94 Trapper in fairly nice condition for $1000!!!! I laughed my butt off...LOUDLY. And crap like that for not-so-special lever guns was the NORM on the show floor. I HATE to complain about pretty much anything. I'm a roll with the punches kinda guy. But what's happening here is disgusting.

Arizona-Ironic INDEED.

J

Well, a 94AE with a saddlering and an extended loop will run about a 1,000 USD, and that was prior to the stampede. I laid away the trapper model with similar trappings for $695. Now if you wanted it with an M4 collapsible stock, with rails and a flash supressor, bought that one for under $400, go figure.

Roger that Strafer. So in my search for my pops, $600-ish should be about right for the Trapper model? He's buying it, but I'm locating it for him. I don't want him to get bent over on the price. Waiting it out is a viable plan too as he isn't in any hurry. Idk man, it just seems like it wasn't so long ago (talking months), that AE's were going for 600-700 and Trappers were in the 350-500. Funny thing is, Marlin 336's don't seem to have stayed steady...from what I've seen any way. I know Winnies are more "collectible" and people can command more for them, but still. I'd think the ol' 336 or other Marlin models would be following suit.

J

So in my search for my pops, $600-ish should be about right for the Trapper model?
Add at least $200-300 in another pocket just in case.

Rossi Trappers will be cheaper than the Winchester or (gulp) the Marlin Trappers.

Typically I've found that the Trappers, being fewer and farther between, seem to hold higher values than your run o the mill 20 inch 94, all things being equal. Pre locks will run even higher.

Yes, for as ungainly as they seem, thet sure are handy, and Winchesters continue to rise. $500 would be a real good deal. I'll say $600 more likely. More for tang safety.

Bought my marlin a couple of weeks ago. Can't find a box of 30-30 anywhere. Cabelas is out. They have everything else. What's the deal?

Lever guns have BEEN up. Going price for rifle calibers has been in the $550-$675 range. And pistol caliber guns are going in the $700s. Been that way for the last few years around here. All the Rossis are around $550-$600.

Back