Lever Action Rifles .22 Cal

Blue Heeler

I have been looking at .357 levers,and have pretty much decided on a Marlin.
While I was at the Range last weekend I was shooting my .22 (Anchutz 5 shot) and a mate had his lever Miroku--we swapped guns for a try and I was impressed by the Miroku--only a brief try,but it shot straight and with a 15 round mag was better than the 5 rounder for various purposes--they are quite cheap and I thought I would buy one, any ideas about them?

Never heard of a Miroku lever gun here in the states unless they make them for someone else under a different name. Here in lever action the Marlin 39 series seems to be the king of the hill with the Winchester 94/22 coming in close behind. In my neck of the woods I can pick up a used Marlin or Winchester 30-30 cheaper than I can a lever action Marlin .22lr.

Does not Miroku make guns for Browning and the Winchester re-issues?

Stick with the Marlins. Most accurate. I have Marlin and Winchester .22s. The Marlins can give most bolt sporters a run for the money.

Both the Marlin M39 series and the Winchester 9422 are takedown. The Marlin uses a thumbwheel with coin slot. The Winchester a screw with coin slot. Uncle Mikes used to offer a brass saddle ring for both of them, but they are hard to find now.

I have a Model 39AS and just bought a 1985 vintage new in box Winchester 9422M XTR Classic in .22 Magnum. I haven't shot the 9422 yet.

Appearance-wise, I have always preferred the classical over-100-year-old look of the Marlin receiver. Wish I could find a Marlin 1894M in .22 Magnum.

[This message has been edited by 700PSS Shooter (edited May 30, 2000).]

Don't forget the Browning. It is a fantastic little .22 lever gun.

Does anyone know of a 22 lever that you can load the bullets from the side, rather than down a tube?

I've had a Browning BL22 for over 15 years. It's been a great little rifle. Very accurate and weighs next to nothing. The thing that really does it for me though is the short lever throw. My thumb never leaves the top of the stock. I've beat this rifle and have shot many 1000's of rounds through it and have never had a single problem.

I think I'll go clean it now. :)

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

Back