Lever action rifle magazine

No4Mk1*

Can a fixed tubular magazine hold 11 rounds? A few of the Winchester lever guns (.357)are advertised as 11 shot. I thought only a .22 could have a tubular magazine over 10 rounds. Would someone let me know if these rifles are affected by the '94 law?

No4. I believe that cowboy style lever action were, at first also affected by the 94 law, but was later changed to exempt them by stating only automatic and semi-automatic firearms were affected by the law. A quick call to your friendly ATF agent should clarify this. They've always told me straight when I had questions. At least so far. I've always asked in a manner that I did not know, as a method of confirming what I already believed was the law.
Paul B.

Pre-1994 lever action rifles including the working Italian replica of the Henry could be made to hold than 10 rounds in their magazine. After the hi-cap ban of 1994, even centerfire lever action rifles were restricted to 10 rounds. Ohhh, I feel so much safer now that those cowboys of the SASS can't go on the rampage.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Paul is right. I went to the Winchester site and sho' nuff', they be selling 11 shot lever actions! Good for us!

------------------
"Stop forest fires--ban matches."

Back