Lever-Action 12gauge for $300?

skizzums

hello TFL, does anyone here have any first-hand trigger time with the Century "PW87"? I don't use shotguns too often, usually just to play with. Friends and I will go out a couple times a year and toss clays and find interesting thing to turn to goo. About this time of the year is when i'll hit the churches to buy the discounted ugly pumpkins that didn't sell before Halloween, and the shotgun always comes out. Anyway, I am a big lover of lever-action rifles. I have seen a few lever 12 gauges and the prices were crazy high, but as beautiful as they are I can understand why. I came across this Century International PW87 today and holy cow is thing fugly, mainly because of the weird contour and the unbalanced look of the odd-shaped receiver. When you get up close to it though, the fit and finish is actually pretty decent and it doesn't feel like a "clunker" at all. I forget the exact price, but somewhere in the low 300 dollar range. I almost bought it right then and there, I mean how in the world did they do it so cheap. I figure I better get some opinions of it first since CIA is probably the last company I wanna have to battle CS with. Let me know if it's a reliable shotgun if anyone has one. I don't expect any kind of perfection or a competition winning scatter-gun for 3-400$, but I would like it to work. mainly the chambering/ejection process. I assume it's going to require some authority, but im okay with that. I would like to buy it, any comments appreciated.

Back