Leupold, Tasco World Class Plus, same price

Dikyllis

3-9x40 Leupold Tactical, and Tasco World Class Plus in 10x42 are the same price at Riflescopes.com. I need a scope for my 700PSS. My local range only goes out to 200 yards, but I hope to eventually find someplace to shoot longer distances. Thanks to a post I made a couple of monthes ago, Gale helped me rule out the Nikon. Is Tasco imported also? Anyone have either of these scopes?

Gale said it a while back here. You're paying for quality in workmanship when you buy Leupold. Tascos are good, but I am personally biased in favor of Leupold.

What 4V50 Gary said. My experiences with Tasco have not been good (although admittedly I haven't owned one of the World Class models). My Leupold 12x is the finest scope I've ever owned.

Dikyllis Buddy!

When you buy quality your paying for craftmen who care about their finnal product.
Tasco is Tasco, unless it's made in Japan with Japanese optics it's a hell of a lot less than a quality piece!

Still your chioce...

Leupold all the way. I have one Tasco World Class, one of the early ones. It's a good scope, but the new ones I've looked as are made in China, like in Red China, so I won't buy one of those, Some are made in the Phillipines, but the quality is the same as the Chinese made models, not so hot.
All I buy anymore are Leupolds.
Paul B.

If you've got the money for the Leupold then by all means buy it! You will NEVER be disappointed in it, and years from now you will be glad you bought it. I bought my first Leupold 20 some years ago and have bought nothing other than Leupold since. IMO dollar for dollar they are THE best.

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

Well, not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but when I had to buy a scope for my deer rifle it was a Leupold. I have a Vari-x III.
The criteria I used went along the lines of I intend to buy one for this rifle,use it for anything a .30-06 can do, and be happy with it.
I went to stores and looked at many models, a very successful tactic I used was to get to the store during the time I knew I would hunt (dusk, hunting ends at sundown in WI) and asked to look at scopes. I told the clerk I wished to look out a window with a scope, and went and viewed bushes as far from the store as I could... That little test is what sold me on a vari-x III, and on Leupold.

Not exactly a scientific test, but ANY scope gives a good sight picture at noon right?
FWIW,
Gfrey
P.S. in the three years since i bought the Leupold I have been very pleased with it. :D

My vote also goes for the Leupold. If you can get a good deal I also would not discount the Burris scopes. I have used some very good ones. You can't go wrong with Leupold or Burris.

Shake

Back