Leupold scope ?

rebs

I have a 3-9 Leupold scope and when I look through it the verticle crosshair is sharp and crisp, the horizontal crosshairs is a little blurry and often times I see two crosshairs. Does anyone know what is causing this ? Could it be because I have an astigmatism in my eyes, I do wear glasses. Or could it be a problem with the scope ? I have spent a lot of time adjusting the focus and it has not helped.

An astigmatism is a royal PIA, nothing is clear
I have it in my R eye ( the one I aim with )

Clean the lenses of the scope
and check again
Clean your safety glasses
( I hope its that easy )

Look through another scope
If the image you see is similar or slightly blurry
get your eyes checked

Look at the stars tonight, are they blurry ?
get your eyes checked

Is it a VX-1, VX-2, VX-II, or Varix-II. Leupold has made lots of 3-9X scopes over the years in varying price ranges. Was the scope made in the 1970's, current production or somewhere in between.

I'd be suspicious of an older scope or one of less quality. But I'm guessing it may be your eyes. I'm 58 and never needed glasses. Occasionally use readers to see fine print, but distance vision has been fine and I've never had problems focusing a scope.

Until about 2 weeks ago. I was seeing double horizontal cross hairs on all of my scopes,( Leupold and Zeiss) and no amount of focusing helped. It was only my right eye, everything was clear when I mounted the rifle left handed, but I don't shoot that way. The problem was temporary and only lasted a couple of days, but I will be seeing the eye doc in a couple of weeks.

The Leupold scope I have is a 100 anniversary Rifleman model which I guess is the same as VX-1. I bought it used, I would say whatever year was Leupolds 100 year anniversary is the age of the scope.

Back