Letting terrorists' go?

Little-e

It's been a hetic week and I've been catching bits and pieces of this on the news but haven't heard the whole story. Maybe someone here can get me up to date.

From what I've heard, Clinton has decided to allow a convicted felon terrorist out of prison. The person in question is a female Puerto Rican and there is a rumble among conservatives that this may have something to do with Hillary's run in NY.

Anybody have some reliable data?

[This message has been edited by Little-e (edited August 17, 1999).]

Yeah, what I've heard isn't a single person, it's an entire group of people that among other things robbed banks and blew up buildings ...

The rumor is that They would do this to appeal to the P.R. people in NY (apparently there are a lot of people from Puerto Rico there).

This coupled with the new "revelation" that Hillary has some Jewish ancestors in her background ... sheesh, what next!? About the only contingent she hasn't attenpted to appeal to are the Irish...

[This message has been edited by TR (edited August 17, 1999).]

It's supposed to be several members of FALN (something like that), a PR Liberationist/Nationalistic group. They did lots of bombing in the 70's and 80's. The woman in question was convicted of conspiracy to bomb 48 buildings in Chicago and sentenced to 68 yrs. Her husband was (is) the head honcho and master bomber of the group...he is in prison as well. Clinton's deal was that he'd pardon them if the swore to behave and not do that stuff again.
Sean Hannity (substituting for Rush Limbaugh) said yesterday that they turned the offer down.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Not as far as I can find out, replying to the "are they free?" question. Knowing how the firstfelon works and thinks they could be released anyway even if they did not renounce terrorism and bombings. Gotta get the PR votes for Hill and move the B**** out of the house. I wonder if they thought that there could be a great number of Puerto Ricans that do not and did not embrase the ideas of the terrorist group in question. It sounds as if the firstfelon just called every Puerto Rican a terrorist supporter with this offer. Now, if the Puerto Ricans residing in New York see it the same way.

I also wonder what she is gonna claim to get the Gay vote?

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

What they all need is a date with Old Sparky!

------------------
"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
- Patrick Henry
http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/Guns_and_Gunrights.html

[This message has been edited by Kimber Man (edited August 17, 1999).]

Little-e.....
Nope, they are not free.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Look on the bright side maby clinton was high when he let her go , he'll reconsider and make her go back to jail , I can think of at least one other time when poloticians have told us things were ok and changed their minds later and made people return them............I belive that it was in california ;)

------------------
frogman6

Ground Level,
Thanks for the links. I read them and I'm so angry I can barely type.

They come to America, try to bomb over a hundred American sites, and THEY are insulted by an offer of clemency?

Here is your government folks, protecting us from terrorism. If the President's wife needs the vote of your countrymen, apparently you can do NO wrong!

On the other hand, if you are an American, who believes in our Constitution, you can do no right!

Why hasnt' the Democratic Party jumped Clinton about this? It defames their party!

Why hasn't Congress jumped Clinton about this? It defames our entire country!

Our current political machnine. Only the people who perpetuate this mess deserve it!

Well, "Include me OUT!" Our government needs to be replaced with Americans!

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited August 28, 1999).]

There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity.

------------------
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

-- Adolph Hitler
September, 1935

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Hey, the Puerto Ricans want their independence? Let's give it to them! And deport everyone whose citizenship derives from Puerto Rico being an American territory.

Man, that would be one crowded island!

I wonder if Mr. Hillary Rodham will now free the few surviving Branch Davidians for their gun law convictions? I wonder if I will win the next $100 million lottery?

I agree with Ground Level: you gotta admire the principle of these folks even if you disagree with their actions. We all might do well to remember that Menachim Begin was a "terrorist bomber" at one point in his career. Time and perspective can really alter your outlook.

Where are the Republicans? Or are they backing this reasonable policy action, too?

------------------
"The right of self-defense is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." Henry St. George Tucker

Back