Let's see your .327 Federal Magnums!

Armybrat

My first one - SP101 with some AE .327 100 grain & .32 S&W Long:

68-F5-AC1-F-8-D87-4-AD6-90-CF-987055-B895-AF.jpg

Nothing unusual about my 1st generation SP101 except it has a windage adjustable rear sight. My Single Seven appears stock and is the one I actually shoot, although not very well. There is something about that gun that makes me look bad compared to others in different calibers.

Had to get rid of mine,too loud for these old ears. The .327 mag and the .30 carbine should be shot in rifles only.

327 can be loaded softer like any magnum. My target and carry load is Brian Pearce's subsonic load of Power Pistol, which is still higher performance than 32 H&R.

Had to get rid of mine,too loud for these old ears. The .327 mag and the .30 carbine should be shot in rifles only.
Noise aside, the more I think about and read about .327, the more I agree that it's best in rifles. I'm as big a .327 fanboy as you'll find, but lately the way I see it is it's best off loaded at .32 H&R Mag power, but capable of more power when you need it.

327s_800.jpg

5.5" Blackhawk
4.2" GP100
4.2" SP101
And the daily carry LCR (if I posted the full resolution image, you'd see lint and dust all over it).

The order shown is also the order of acquisition.
The Blackhawk is great. It was the first. And my wife picked it out.
The GP came next. It was even better.
Then the SP showed up. It was even better.
Lastly, the LCR came into the fold. The SP is better, but the LCR is much nicer to carry.

For my uses, the 4.2" SP101 is the ideal revolver for the cartridge. I like it so much that the GP and Blackhawk have been boxed up, waiting to be sold, since at least January. I like them. ...But my wife and I never shoot them any more. The SP101 gets all the love now - even with trigger geometry that precludes giving it a "good" trigger.

Full power loads are never fired without hearing protection - which means carrying .32 H&R or .32 S&W Long when hunting.
(But the same would be said for .357 Mag and other 'offensive' cartridges. It's not limited to .327 Federal.)

Sorry about the pixelation in the image. It didn't like being resized smaller than 1200 pixels tall. Here's a slightly larger version: 327s 1200

Back