Lets make some HP's

loademwell

I am looking for a "CHEAP" way to HP... I am tempted to buy a 44 mag HP mold but then again, I don't want all of them to HP! So I thinking of buying a plain mold for 44 and "Drill" out to make them HP's. Does anyone do this? I see there was a few things like this on the market but I haven't found one for the 44...

Or should I just suck it up and buy some swaging dies for doing this?

If I keep this up, my whole garage is going to be made into an ammo manufacturing plant! lol....

The Mihec molds have reverseable hollowpoint pins where you can easily switch between solids or HP bullets. Beautiful molds.

I know you emphasized cheap so you're probably not looking for a mold, but in the long run you'll be far happier spending the money on a quality mold.

You can get a Forster hollow point tool and drill them out. But I'd just get a NOE or MiHec as mentioned, and use the solid pins when you don't want a HP. :D

Most of the time Eriks pins can be turned upside down for a solid .

Cramer style improved !

I`ve tried drillin HPs in the past & it`s nearly impossible to keep it all centered & balanced , flyers are inevitable !

Let me toss in a plug for the Mihec molds.
They produce a fantastic bullet-have one in a .45 with the HP plugs and it is easy-squeezy to flip them and have solids.

Gary

Let me toss in a plug for the Mihec molds.
They produce a fantastic bullet-have one in a .45 with the HP plugs and it is easy-squeezy to flip them and have solids.

Gary
Not sure which one you have, but the one I have coming is the 452-200. Hope I have good luck with it.

the one I have coming is the 452-200

AWESOME mold you will not be disappointed. I loaded them over several different powders and they shot great over them all. Unless your pistol is some throw down something or other, you should hit a good accurate load with them right out of the gate with something like Unique, Universal, Bullseye, or similar powders.

I don't even want to go count how many MP's I have right now, and am on a few more GB's. I'm just glad the sweetie don't come look up all my post over there in the GB section.:rolleyes:

I'm just glad the sweetie don't come look up all my post over there in the GB section.

Mine knows I shoot a .357 and a Colt .45 and a .30-30, so she thinks I have a mold for each.
I do not leave em all lying around! :D:p

Back