Lethargy/Condition White

HKguy9

After a long 8 hour day at work fixin' computers, or after class, etc., I find myself barely conscious when driving home some times. It's even worse at stores after work, not sure if it's the florescent lights, or what. I'm awake, but not very alert, I don't know why. Is there a 'cure' for this, mental conditioning I can do, etc.?

There is no trick. Just train your mind so that it is still sharp no matter how tired you are. Try doing things like dryfiring when you're exhausted. There's lots of stuff you can do, just improvise when you feel tired.

Erick is absolutely right.

You didn't mention your sleeping habits. Make sure you get enough sleep, too. It also might be your sugar level or something similar... there is no reason not to have simple bloodwork done to determine this if you haven't had any done already.

Just remember, don't get frustrated about it - fix it.

There is a reason you feel like this and it could very well be the flourescent lights, the amount of breaks you take and when you take them, what you eat, when you eat, if you have coffee to get up and moving when you start work but not any towards the end of the shift...

But the first thing I'd try is more water!

You just have to force your mind to be alert. When ever I find myself in the haze of fatigue, I just mentally shout myself awake. I do this most when driving long distances.

Just imagine some authority figure from your past yelling at you to get your $h!t together.

Back