Let me tag along on a deer hunt in Pennsylvania ?

Darxus

Inactive
I live in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, have never been hunting, and would like to go along with somebody to witness the process. I would also very much like to see the process of dressing, etc. Closer to Philadelphia is, of course, preferable.

I am a 24 year old male. I consider myself very firearms safety concious. I spent a bunch of my childhood in the woods. I'd like to believe I would be one of the less annoying people that might accompany you on a hunting trip, and would make every effort to be as tolerable as possible.

I've been interested in guns for a long time, but only last October finally got somebody to take me shooting for the first time since the one year I got to fire .22 rifles at boyscout summer camp. I have since purchased a few guns, and taken about a dozen people for their first time shooting. I would like to take my scoped Remington 700 hunting after I witness the process.

I have not yet obtained a hunting license, but I hope to take the required class soon.

If you would like to get a better grasp of who I am, I encourage you to read through my website: http://www.chaosreigns.com

If you want my phone number, just ask. I also have free unlimited long distance, so I'd be happy to call you.

So you just want to go sit in the woods? Of course, where you sit makes all the difference. I'm on the other side of the state, and I'm a guest where I'm going or else you'd be more than welcome to tag along, makes the drag a bit easier.

Sub

Ugh.

On friday I heard the season starts on Monday. Last night I looked on the Pennsylvania Game Commision's site for times & places to take the Hunter's Education course which is required to get your first hunting license. I couldn't find any. Today I called. They told me that no more classes are being offered until after the season. So they are requiring that I take a course that they are not offering so I have to wait a year.

Darxus,

While I'm sure you are a fine person, Some people may be leary of inviting someone they don't know to go alone in the woods with weapons and hunt with them.

The fact that your website is Chaosreigns.com might further intimidate them.

Not throwing stones, just giving you some idea as to why there aren't a lot of replies to your request.

BTW I'm in Texas So I'm of no help....sorry

Back