Less than a Month to Opening Day!!!

Cain R

And I'm still waiting for dies for my new .30 Gibbs.:(

Oh well, the Tikka 6.5X55 is going strong now, perfect for Whitetails and Muleys.

Going to give Elk a miss this year, still have a quarter in the freezer from last year.

Boy oh Boy I can't wait.:D :D :D

We're down to about 10 lbs of elk - wah! & won't get more till mid-October. I don't aknow what we agonna do .... ;)

It is starting to get to be that time of year, huh?

Funky thing though, with this CWD, I'm thinkin' we'll get our head tested before we start munching on the critters this year.

(& yes, I did leave an opening for all sorts of "funny" jokes about our heads :D )

Dove season in less than 2 weeks here.............I just hope that the rain stops here.

First if it does not it will be difficult to get back in the field and secondly I have seen dove by the thousands on a given day and rains that night and the next day they have all left for points south.

We've had more than the ususal amount of summer rains, so the doves are well scattered. Past drouth years, they're either around the water pan at the house, or near the few puddles on the creek.

Overall, though, the prospects are looking good. Oughta be good quail hunting, and what deer we have will be sho-nuff fat.

:), Art

We finally got about 1/5" rain last night - & this after none for 3 months.

Two months ago you could've limited on doves in a bout 1/2 hour. Now, I don't see a limit in the course of a day.

This whole area's dying of thirst. :(

I'm just hoping I can actually float the poor, dried up James River and jump shoot some geese on Labor day (opening day for local Canadas).

Back