Les Baer...worth the money?

dgf

I'm looking for a new 1911 and the Baers look nice...are they worth the price? I have a Kimber, Daly, and Springfield. Is the Baer any better?

I have a friend back in Virginia that ownes one. I shot it once. It was very, very nice. If you want a Les Baer - thats not a bad choice. That two tone look is awesome.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

If you have the money, ABSOLUTELY. I've shot a Concept VII and an SRP single stack. These were the 2 best 1911 style pistols I've ever handled. And I've tried guns from Wilson, Cylinder & Slide, and most of the non-custom manufactured 1911s. Definitely worth the money.

I've handled a couple, but for the money, I'd have one built by Brian Bilby to MY specs (that's his specialty!). He builds the whole thing, instead of 10 guys building it.

Yes, the Les Baer's are good pistols, but before you lay out the money be sure to check out Rock River Arms. Same guns that Les Baer has for hundreds of dollers less because you don't have to pay for the name.

I had two Les Baer Premier II's, but I sold both to help raise some money for other things... One of the Premiers was very good in terms of fit and finish, however, the other one was not as good as I would expect. The trigger had some sloppiness to it (literally) as you could wiggle it up and down more than usual. I thought that I could fix it, but after I had a gunsmith take a look and he stated the frame was a little bit off so there was only so much he could do... Oh well, my fault for not really paying enough attention when I bought it... Although I did get a really good price for it... But anyways, overall, the guns were both accurate and I would say worth the money I paid, but I've seen more recent pricing (~$1400 or more) and I would say it is getting marginal in terms of value...

I have 2 Les Baer's, a Concept 1 and a Premier II. Definately worth every single penny I paid. Exceptionally accurate, easy to shoot, tight, tight and more tight. My slide to rail fit and the barrel to hood fit is how it should be done. Why are not all guns like this?

After you have shot a les for a bit, you will only wonder how others can tolerate shooting more "run of the mill" guns like the colts, kimbers or the like.

Get a les and you will never go wrong.

pete

I like Les Baer guns (shot a Concept I and VII)- extremely accurate, very well made-I think they are worth the $.

But, for me-my vote goes to the Strayer-Voigt Infinity-just love those guns (in every respect).

Jeff is right about Rock River Arms. I believe they are the best for their price range. Better than the semi-custom Kimbers that are going in that price range.

Back