• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

LEOs ONLY!

Bud Helms

Rich,

How about a forum for the LEOs to get together, closed to all but them and moderators and admins?

Mail-in or FAX credentials for registry in the closed forum.

Any use?

Not in your lifetime. ;) We thought about it once before. However, LEO's are citizens first, and LEO's second. We wouldn't have a "Trainers Only" private Forum or a "Competitors Only" private Forum either.

LEO's who wish such privacy may try Mad Dog's site, http://www.tacticalforums.com

Rich

Sensop...
Rich is gone til the 27th...so you won't get an answer from him til then.

In his stead...
TFL is an open and public forum, the goal is to bring together all RKBA supporters and firearms enthusiasts, from all walks of life sans exclusivity. LEO Only is exclusive, elitist and by existence engenders distrust and divisivness within the community we want to attract and serve. RKBA is an inherent rifht to all.

You aren't at all being slammed....your suggestion has come up a few times...that type of forum is not our goal, nor are we (staff in toto) qualified or even cleared for that.
Not too long ago, our country was one of equality and independence, regardless of one's particular job. TFL takes a lot of flak for adherences to our set rules...so be it, but we will never be guilty of exclusivity or caste consciousness

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Thanks DC.

I didn't feel slighted in any way. I took Rich's reply in stride and I understood his answer.

I was just befuddled by the other replies.

Ahh...ok
I believe they were thanking for confirmation of original stated mission

Yeah, I think that was the case..

We've discussed LEO only, Women Only, Even and "Anti-Gunner" forum over the last 18 months... all of which have been shot down as going against the primary purpose of TFL.

Back