Lena Miculek "The Quick 60....Rifle Training on the Range" drill

I haven’t watched it yet, but I was planning to check it out. It’s on my playlist. If I like it, I’ll definitely try it at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it. Those are some good drills, for sure. I would practice the mag changes from a pocket or a mag pouch if possible. Other than that, the transitions were good. The vertical tracking was good. I might add a turn and shoot, a high ready, and an over-the-shoulder roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's great--that's for sure.

Just general comments, not a criticism of her videos. Both of her at-ready ready videos show the weapon pointed down at the table--I'm pretty hard wired that the barrel doesn't point at anything I'm not ready to destroy once a cartridge is in the chamber. Am I the only one who thought "what if I bounced a ricochet off the table?" I'm willing to step up to the plate and say "yeah, I might be stupid enough to have an AD under those circumstances."

She's great--that's for sure.

Just general comments, not a criticism of her videos. Both of her at-ready ready videos show the weapon pointed down at the table--I'm pretty hard wired that the barrel doesn't point at anything I'm not ready to destroy once a cartridge is in the chamber. Am I the only one who thought "what if I bounced a ricochet off the table?" I'm willing to step up to the plate and say "yeah, I might be stupid enough to have an AD under those circumstances."
I agree, at the same time i can just about guarantee that table it a piece of wood covered with carpet. Shooting it wouldn't really hurt it, and I can just about guarantee it would go through the table into the dirt safely. That said you should have consistent training and pointing at the table is less than ideal.

tables I see at ranges are often poured concrete and have steel. Anyway, don't want to seem like a troll nit-picker, just hits my concern button. ; )

Back